Monday, February 2, 2009

School update

Sorry I haven't updated the blog much... I have been really down lately.

Anyway, I spoke to Crunchie a few times the last few days. Friday I talked to him at length about his first week of school and his schedule... Of course I was driving and couldn't write it down but his weeks are broken down into days. Days A, B, C, & D. For example, On Day A he has Portuguese, Humanities (History and English combined) Vocal Music (he's trying to transfer to Art) and something else. Science maybe? Eeeks, I have forgotten already. Anyway, On Day B he has Gym, Math, Humanities, etc. Day C is similar to A but all mixed up... and D is somewhat like B. His classes are 80 minutes long and he goes to school from about 8:30 to 3:00. I think it's neat that he only has most of his classes 2x per week. Humanities class is one the only one he has every day. How fun that he is learning Portuguese... even though I am 1/2 Portuguese I don't know the language. My mom does though. It will be fun this summer to hear them share conversation in Portuguese and to learn the differences between Brazilian Portuguese and mainland Portuguese!!! I am going to get some tapes from the library to see if I can learn a word or too... Oh, and I'll try and get more info on his school schedule. It sounds interesting. Oh, after days A,B,C,&D they start all over... so Friday he had A day and today was B day.

Erich also shared a lot about the food. His step-mom too. I guess their skin has changed so much because of all the organic and fresh things they have available to them. Erich said they have the most amazing beans and rice dish that he eats every day. And get this... please sit down for this - the other day he had donuts and he DIDN'T EVEN LIKE THEM!!! His stepmom told me she bought some! Can you imagine? Erich not wanting DONUTS?

He also talked about the cars there ... Fiat's and Citroen's... FUN!

Here is one more photo... on the trail by their house. His 1/2 sister, BrieAnne. She's so cute and getting so big (she turned 2 on January 10). He took all the photos I've posted himself, except the one of him... that was courtesy of his step-mom... I wanted to SEE him and this is the best she could get from him first thing on Sunday morning. ;) he was not very cooperative. Thanks anyway! It's so good to see him!!!

BrieAnne on the trails...

No comments: