Sunday, February 8, 2009

Day 2 of Softball games

Saturday entailed two softball games for the new Eagle softball player... There were two games. He played two innings the first game and four innings the second game. He got 2 hits (one was a triple!), the other a base hit, and made one out and snagged one that got past him but he was able to keep the runner from advancing past first. He got an RBI (runs batted in) too! They won the first game but lost the second. I AM SO PROUD! He was SOOOOOOOOOOOOO excited to call and tell me... his coach was also proud of how well he did and has promised him more playing time! Imagine that? Our computer/video game whiz is also a terrific softball player!

Also, I sent him a "test" postcard to see if he'd actually get mail and how long it would take... I used the first address I posted, because at the time it was the only one I had! IT WORKED! And he got it in exactly 1 week! Not bad! He was excited about that too... He had a great Saturday and I enjoyed our time on the phone of well over half an hour! He had some homework in Math and Humanities. Today (Sunday) they were heading to Japan Town. Apparently Brazil has the highest population of Japanese people outside of Japan. I didn't know this. :)

I hope to get some pictures from the softball games. Thanks for checking in!

God bless!

1 comment:

cfor3 said...

Awesome! hope Crunch sends some pictures......